NOSARA WEEKLY EVENTS
• Trivia Night (on the Wii) at El Fenix (in Playa Pelada )—winning team gets a prize; starts at 8 pm, 2686 0287
• Ladies Night at Café Lounge @ Kaya Sol: Ladies’ Pool; Drama films @ 3pm; sushi specials; and 2-4-1 cocktails, with electronic house with DJ Darren Zman 8 pm (Playa Guiones) 2682-0080; email@example.com
• Live music at the Gilded Iguana, local bar and restaurant www.thegildediguana.com/ (Playa Guiones)
• Free Bible Study in English, with Pura Vida Ministries, at Villas Las Tecas; for more information call Teresita at 2682-0240 (Bibles and coffee provided.)
• Café Lounge @ Kaya Sol: (Playa Guiones) Comedy films @ 3 pm and reggae lounge beats all night: 2682-0080 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Texas Hold’em Poker at El Fenix (in Playa Pelada ); early bird set starts at 7 pm/later set at 9 pm. Drink specials, 2686 0287
• Free community yoga classes from 4-5 pm @ the Healing Center, Harmony Hotel , info: 2682 4114 (Playa Guiones)
• Live music @ Harbor Reef Bar and Restaurant (Playa Guiones) music starts at 7pm, with 1000 colones beer and sodas!
• Café Lounge @ Kaya Sol: (Playa Guiones) Classic films @ 3 pm and Open Mic starts at 7 pm; 2682-0080 ; email@example.com
• Wii Wednesday’s at at El Fenix (in Playa Pelada ); Play Nintendo Wii games from bowling, golf, boxing, and tennis on a large projector screen ;info: 2686 0287
• Salsa lessons, by donation, 6:30 to 7:30 pm @ the Healing Center, Harmony Hotel, info: 2682 4114 (Playa Guiones)
• Café Lounge @ Kaya Sol: (Playa Guiones) Suspense films @ 3 pm and live music starting at 7:30 pm; 2682-0080 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Pre-Banana Sunset Party: 5000 colones all-you-can-eat bocas/tapas and free sangria @ El Fenix, Playa Pelada, info: 2686 0287
• Jason Wilcox plays @ Pancho’s (Playa Pelada; http://www.panchosresort.com/) 7pm—also note: the “early bird” dinner special (free chips & salsa w/ 2 reg. dinners) from 5pm to 7pm. 1000 colones margaritas 7pm to 10pm. $1 tequilla shots 7pm to 8pm.
• Kids Day and Latin Nights at Café Lounge @ Kaya Sol: Friday’s are Kids’ Day—complete with art lessons from 10 am to 2 pm; creative corner from 2 pm to 4 pm; a 4pm kids’ film and special kids menu! However, Friday night is Latin Night: dancing classes start at 8 pm
• Tropicana Discotheque and Bar: Nosara’s premier dance club in downtown Nosara. Doors open at 10 PM. Tropi even has a shuttle bus, dubbed “Tropi Movil Service”, from Playa Guiones to Tropi and then back. Schedule: Casa Tucan: 10:30 PM, Café de Paris: 10:45 PM, Guilded Iguana: 11 PM Only 1000 colones! Shuttle bus leaves Tropicana to Playa Guiones @ 2 AM
• Head High (groovy local band, aka, Joe, Juan and Alex) @ Pancho’s (Playa Pelada)
• Café Lounge @ Kaya Sol: Live music, complete with dancers, and 2 Coronas and 2 shots of Tequilla for only 10 bucks!!! Party starts at 7:30 pm. 2682-0080.
• Tropicana Discotheque and Bar: Nosara’s premier dance club in downtown Nosara. Doors open at 10 PM. Tropi even has a shuttle bus, dubbed “Tropi Movil Service”, from Playa Guiones to Tropi and then back. Same schedule as Fridays for Pick Ups.
• Family Day at Café Lounge @ Kaya Sol: Sports and Action films start @ 4 pm, with plenty of drink and menu specials; 2682-0080
• San Juanillo Sunday Market. We Welcome vendors, entertainers, musicians & clowns. From 8 to 2 pm. Tarot reading, raw food, handcraft and more. Call Ancient People - 8883-6998, 8828-4080
NOSARA COMMUNITY EVENTS
Belly-Dance Workshops with Lew-Ann Leen (www.Lew-AnnDance.com) at Nosara Wellness (www.nosarawellness.com). Classes will take place, every Saturday in January, starting on January 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th from 10 am to 11 am. The rate for the 4-class workshop is $45 per person, You can also drop in for just one class for $15. Please register with Jane Marchant at 2682 0360 or by email.
JAN 2: Bandera Azul, Playa Guiones Beach clean-up, starts at 7:30 am
JAN 3: Friends of Nosara annual meeting; 10 am Marlin Bill’s Restaurant
JAN 4: Guadalupe’s Urbina paintings collections exposition. All month. Salaganca Architect office from 9 am to 3 pm. info 2682-1431
JAN 10: 200-hr Interdisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training, at world-renown Nosara Yoga Institute (www.nosarayoga.com) starts on January 10th until February 6th.
JAN 10: Coconut Harry’s BBQ and Sale, last month’s BBQ fundraiser and sale was so awesome, they are going to do it again! Coconut Harry’s Surf School and Shop in Playa Guiones. www.coconutharrys.com
JAN 10-13: Juice, Raw Food and Cleanse at Hacienda Del Sol. Plus a 1.5hr re-balancing bodywork deep tissue session. $325.00; for more information: www.haciendadelsolcr.com or 8828-4080.
JAN 11: Security Meeting with update on all security projects and issues @Salon Fucan, in the center of Nosara.
JAN 11: Community Day @ Del Mar, Members of the Community can Tour Del Mar Academy: 2682-1210. Starts at 9 AM. Also Scholarship/Becas Applications will be available for 2010-2011 academic year application
JAN 16: DMA Becas: Midsummer Night’s Ball: Silent Auction/Dinner with Entertainment to Benefit Becas/Scholarship Committee for Costa Rican Students to be Able to Attend Del Mar Academy. Will be held at L’Aqua Viva Resort.
JAN 16-23: Nia Dance Workshop @ Nosara Retreat Center – “Through movement, we find health”With Kevin VerEecke and Jayne Mielo, Black Belt Nia Instructors. For more information: 2682-0209 or www.NosaraRetreat.com
JAN 21- 24: Fiestas Civicas Nosara – Costa Rican calf and bull riding! This is a must see for visitors and a community ritual for locals. Food, games, activities for the whole family, music, and more.
JAN 26: Annual General Assembly meeting of the NCA. First call at 8:00 am, second call at 9:00 am, @ the NCA office building.
JAN 26: Estancia Nosara Private Club Presents KREL WEAR fashion Show from Miami: Fashion Show, Special Guest DJ (from San Jose), Full Bar and After-Party. Doors Open 9pm. Tickets: 3, 500 Colones. Estancia de Nosara is located to the right of 5 points, on the left hand side and Tropi Movil available for transportation to event.
JAN 29 –FEB 7: “Let the Crazy Child Write” with Clive Matson Writers Workshop @ Nosara Retreat Center and readings at Nosara Public Library. For more information: 2682-0209 or www.NosaraRetreat.com
Follow KELLY's blog – nosaracoconuttelegraph.wordpress.com/page/2
SAMARA WEEKLY EVENTS
• BBQ and Live Music. Mixed grill plates, salad buffet and varied live musicians. Tabanuco Bar and Restaurante. info: 2656-1056
• Ladies Night with DJ Samurio and free cocktails for the ladies. Tabanuco Bar and Restaurante
• Reggae Night with DJ Selecta Tin-I. Tabanuco Bar and Restaurante info 2656-1056
• 8:00pm-12:00am 2 x 1 Cuba Libres and Margaritas at La Vela Latina Beach Bar. info 8371-7054
SAMARA COMMUNITY EVENTS
December 31st: Carnaval Party at Tabanuco with live drum-line musical group and traditional dancers. Mini-shows and DJ’s throughout the night and Grand Finale show at midnight. info: 2656-1056
December 31st: Celebrate New Years Eve on the beach. Come to La Vela Latina Beach Bar and enjoy our BBQ, drink specials, fireworks and great music. 7pm till 2010. info 8371-7054
JAN 1st: Live Reggae Concert at Tabanuco featuring two different artists, one Venezuelan and the other Costa Rican. info: 2656-1056
JAN 2nd: Live Música Latina Concert at Tabanuco featuring Salsa and Merengue Music. info: 2656-1056
JAN 4th-29th: CREAR Kids Summer Camp Monday through Friday 8:00am-11:00am. Activities will include Art, Sports, Swimming, Surfing Internet and Movies. (The Camp will be held in the El Torito Community Hall from the 4th-8th, in the Samara Community Hall from the 11th-15th, in El Torito from the18th-22nd and in Samara from the 25th-29th)
JAN 13th: Ashley’s Birthday Party at Beach Bar La Vela Latina! Come one, come all and celebrate another awesome year of life with good drunks, good friends and plenty of dancing
JAN 18th - 29th: Book Fair and International Film Festival at the Intercultura Language School.
JAN 30th: CEAR Surf Tournament At C&C Surf School. Come support local children’s supplementary education with local surfing, food, beverages and activities.